Thank you to Tongue-N-Gruve for letting me get up and perform with a couple of the members of SIFT Saturday night! It was totally awesome and hopefully I get to do it again!!!!
Most people that use Windows tend to just use Windows Explorer as their file manager. A vast number of people likely don't even realize that there are other options. Windows Explorer is painfully limited in features, especially lacking the tabs that 95% of file managers utilize. In my line of work, I have to compare, browse, edit, move, delete and rename vast numbers of files. Windows Explorer just can't handle the task. I ended up using FreeCommander file manager, which had all the features I was looking for with extensive customization options for the user interface and a built in viewer that could be used inside the window I was working on. That was actually the most difficult feature to find as I discovered later. After a while though, I became very frustrated with FreeCommander's 32 bit free version. It became slow and often froze. So I decided to comparison shop, so to speak. My requirements were few but necessary: I had to be able to c...
Comments
Post a Comment