Skip to main content

Things are really heating up

It has been cold, colder and downright miserably cold here in Illinois these past few months. Just a couple of days ago, it actually snowed a little. In April!! At times like these I wish I was still living in Arizona. One thing I never suffered from when I lived in Arizona was the cold.

In fact, most people thought something was very wrong with me when I didn't wear a jacket in December. It was 55 at the time. In Illinois, that's good camping weather. In Arizona, people are complaining about how cold it is. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona and at the time, there were records being set, such as 128 degrees. Now that's hot. Other places in the Phoenix area were a little cooler, such as Scottsdale.

However much I don't personally like to be extremely hot, it is true that 128 degrees in Arizona is significantly different than 98 degrees in Illinois. In Scottsdale, it would feel like stepping into a giant oven while in Illinois it would feel like stepping into a giant sauna. Dry heat is good for breathing conditions such as asthma and chronic bronchitis, so one might consider buying homes in Scottsdale if he/she suffers from one of those. My own grandpa suffered from severe asthma and lived in Arizona for a number of years while I was growing up.

I am definitely thinking about going somewhere warmer next winter if we have another one like this one. It was so miserably cold all the time, my arthritis was a misery for nearly 5 months. That was another thing I didn't have to worry about in Arizona. I know if I do decide to winter there next year, I can rely on several good people to assist me with my living needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photobucket Sucks

This is going to be a 'Douche of the Day' award post that I usually do on my Wordpress blog . I was a happy Photobucket user for 11 years.  That's a long time to stick with a service so they were obviously a good one.  I was completely happy with the services provided on my free account and a couple of times, I made use of the print store in order to make custom gifts for loved ones for various occasions. Then all of a sudden, in 2017, they start sending me nagware. For those unfamiliar, nagware consists of popups/emails/messages etc that 'nag' you to buy their product. It's irritating, true, but not a deal breaker since I had a free account.  I just unsubscribed to the nagmails and just put up with it on the site. Then, however, Photobucket decided to do something I consider to be truly despicable. They made it to where you CANNOT download your photo albums (for backup or for account changes).  They actually REMOVED the download album links.  Why is that p...

Favorite File Manager for Windows 7

Most people that use Windows tend to just use Windows Explorer as their file manager. A vast number of people likely don't even realize that there are other options.  Windows Explorer is painfully limited in features, especially lacking the tabs that 95% of file managers utilize.  In my line of work, I have to compare, browse, edit, move, delete and rename vast numbers of files.  Windows Explorer just can't handle the task. I ended up using FreeCommander file manager, which had all the features I was looking for with extensive customization options for the user interface and a built in viewer that could be used inside the window I was working on.  That was actually the most difficult feature to find as I discovered later. After a while though, I became very frustrated with FreeCommander's 32 bit free version.  It became slow and often froze.  So I decided to comparison shop, so to speak.  My requirements were few but necessary: I had to be able to c...

Review of All Natural Products

As noted in my other blog, Thoughts From The Outside , I went on a all-natural mission to detoxify my life.  In part this change came about due to my dad's bout with cancer, but also it was something I have wanted to do for a long time and that was just my extra boost.  I started reading first about the 'no-poo' movement, which involves all natural alternatives to washing one's hair without using commercial shampoos, which are laden with cancer causing ingredients.  After several tries of various things, all of which are chronicled in my other blog, Thoughts From The Outside , I settled on one company for all of my all natural needs. I discovered a wonderful, family owned company during my lengthy search for quality, effective all natural products.  They are called Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Company , located in Cleveland Ohio.  They sell lots of amazing, all natural products like (obviously) soap and salve, also shampoo bars, deodorant, lotions and lip bal...